Sunday, April 13, 2014

One Week In

Well, here I am a week into my lifestyle change. I hate calling it a diet, because I can't just go back to stuffing my face after I lose my weight. So far, I feel like I'm doing good!

Before I got pregnant with Allison, I weighed 130 pounds. 6 months later, I was still up to 148. Not terrible, but I knew I could do better. I want more energy. I want to look good for my husband. I want to be in shape to play with Allison when she gets older. So last Sunday, April 6th, I decided it was time for a change. I found the app Noom, which helps track everything I eat, and track any exercise I do. I'm loving it because it categorizes food into green, yellow, and red. You want to fill your day with more green, so it's been fun trying to get my chart more green color.

So here's the deal. I get only 1260 calories a day; 1300 if I do some walking. That's been the biggest challenge. I've found that I need to plan each meal carefully so I don't get too hungry between meals, and so I have enough calories to get to dinner, which is usually the bulk of my food. I've had to eat straight lettuce and dressing because I didn't have any calories left for things like cheese and croutons.
The second challenge is spending only about $37 a week. Allison's formula is expensive, so we've opted to eat cheaply until she's no longer on formula. It's so difficult to find both cheap and healthy foods. Eventually I'll try to grow my own food, but for now I'm relying on Aldi and coupons. I'll try to post our shopping list each week if I'm able.
This morning I weighed myself and I'm down to 146.2! I'm very excited and can't wait to see the effects this lifestyle change will have on my body and mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment