Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Couponing 101 Part 2: Five Places To Find Coupons

Welcome to part 2 of Couponing 101! Last time I introduced couponing and how to get started. Today's post explains where you can find coupons for your shopping trip. We live in an amazing time where coupons can be found almost everywhere! I've compiled a list of 5 places where I find most of my coupons.



Sunday newspaper- For about $2 a paper, you'll receive anywhere between 1 and 4 coupon inserts each week. Sometimes you'll get lucky and there will accidentally be extra inserts! I've found that for the most part, most of the coupons in the inserts are also found online. However, I still feel it's worth the money to get a weekly subscription, as the savings in coupons will pay for the paper and then some!


Coupon websites- This is my favorite way to get coupons! There are many sites exclusively for coupons, and you can print 2 of the same coupon per computer! Remember that most stores have a limit as to how many like coupons you can use for the same items, usually 4. This is the easiest way for me to save. Here are a few that I use often:

Coupons.com - As an additional way to save, sign up for a Swagbucks account and print coupons from there! It uses the coupons.com database, and for every coupon you redeem, you earn 10 Swagbucks that you can use toward redeeming gift cards!



Manufacturer websites- If you're looking for specific coupons but can't find them on the sites above, try going to the manufacturer's website! Most will have a section with coupons to print, and you should still be able to print 2 of each. Sign up for their newsletters and you may receive coupons through email, too. Here are a few I use:



Grocery stores- I mostly see this at Kroger, but you can probably find them at any grocery store. Check every aisle to see if there are any "Blinkie" machines which will dispense coupons that you may not be able to find anywhere else. Technically I suppose you can take as many as you want, but I only take two at a time to be fair. If I go back to the store another day and see they're still available, I'll usually take a couple more.


Digital coupons-What a great way to save money without using your printer! The two I use most often are Kroger and mPerks through Meijer.

Kroger- Most of the coupons on Kroger's website are the same as what you'd be able to print or find in the newspaper. However, I've also seen coupons for their store brand items. Every Friday Kroger releases a "freebie" coupon that you HAVE to clip that Friday, and it usually expires a couple weeks after you clip it.

mPerks- I absolutely LOVE mPerks! All you have to do is sign up with your phone number and a 4-digit PIN, and that's what you'll enter in the credit card reader when you check out. Much like Kroger, mPerks has coupons similar to what you'd find online or in a newspaper, but also has store brand coupons and will also release "freebie" coupons once or twice a month. In addition to coupons, mPerks also has a rewards system. You'll be able to start rewards like "Get $5 off your next order when you spend $30 in Produce", and you'll have 4 weeks from the day you start it to earn the reward. mPerks also offers Pharmacy rewards, which gives you $10 off your next order after every 5 prescriptions you fill, and Baby rewards, which gives you $10 off for every $100 you spend on Baby items.

Next in our series, I will talk about how to find the best deals when you're putting together your grocery list. Do you know of any other places you can find coupons? Post in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment